TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In addition to the general terms and conditions applied to Maitland Ticketing the following will also apply for any tickets purchased for the SMR Anniversary and entry exercised as art of that event onto the South Maitland Railways rail network inlcuding East Greta Junction:
THE RAILWAY IS A UNIQUE PLACE
The railway is very different to other venues as it is anactive operational working rail yard and rail corridor subject to the requirements of the Rail SafetyNational Law (NSW) 2012. It is not necessarily designed to accommodate the general public or those with adisability.
PERSONS ENTER THE SMR NETWORK AT THEIR OWN RISK TAKE CARE
SMR (South Maitland Railways Pty Limited) has SafetyPolicies in place and takes great effort and care to ensure that all visitorsto the SMR Network have a safe and enjoyable time. There can be large machinery,vehicles, crowds, temporary structures and from time to time, railway activity,in all kinds of environment and weather conditions. You may participate inevents which may have some element of risk.
When on the SMR Network, take care to observe and follow allsignage and any instructions that you may be given. Take special care at alltimes to protect yourself and others against any loss or injury. Conditions ofEntry to the SMR Network are displayed at information points around the SMRNetwork.
1. RESTRICTED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following restricted or prohibited items are notpermitted into the SMR Network and are subject to immediate confiscation andincludes items listed under State legislation.
- Glass or breakable containers;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Flares or Fireworks;
- Laser Pointers;
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
- Skateboards, scooters,roller blades or bicycles (unless authorised by the SMR);
- Large items including eskies, bags that cannot fit under seats;
- Animals unless approved by the SMR; and
- Other items as determined by the SMR management that may cause injury or public nuisance.
2. GENERAL ENTRY CONDITIONS
- For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons, SMR advises that:
- Person gaining unauthorised access to the SMR Network and/or any of the SMR Network's specific areas may be liable for prosecution;
- SMR is not liable nor does it accept any responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever to any person or property or the death of or injury suffered to any person or animal whilst at the SMR Network;
- Persons entering the SMR Network agree to indemnify the SMR against any loss or liability, cost,
- Expense or damages arising from or in relation to the entry either by person, vehicle or otherwise;
- The SMR reserves the rightto inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the SMR Network and searchall persons, their clothing and other items of such persons;
- Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from the SMR, including displaying racial, religious or politically discriminatory material, language or gestures deemed indecent or offensive, will be ejected from the SMR Network;
- The SMR may refuse admission to or eject persons from the SMR Network at its sole discretion;
- Persons entering the SMR Network must adhere to the Rail and Safety legislation and in particular the SMR Policies;
- As the event is being heldin an active operational rail yard, appropriate care must be taken and suitable footwear should be worn;
- Children must beaccompanied by an adult at all times;
- Smoking is not permitted in all enclosed spaces of the SMR Network;
- Smoking is allowed in designated signed zones;
- Additional entry conditions and requirements may apply to specific events;
- SMR conduct surveillance on the SMR Network and have access to security footage. A person entering the SMR Network may be photographed, filmed, taped and/or subjected to monitoring by closed circuit television (CCTV) and it is deemed that a person by entering the SMR Network consents to the SMR or third parties appointed by SMR photographing, filming or taping them. SMR or third parties appointed by the SMR can broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, film, recordings or images without compensation. SMR, third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to the subject for its use in any way;
- Entry to the SMR Networkdoes not guarantee automatic entry to all events and activities on the SMRNetwork during the period of entry;
- Parking is restricted to areas as designated by SMR from time to time and vehicles must not block emergency egress doors or emergency vehicle access roads and are to give way to emergency vehicles;
- All hazards, incidents oremergencies are to be immediately reported to SMR (24hr) on 0429 688 870; and
- Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by SMR whilst in the SMR Network.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY, FILMING AND RECORDING
It is not our intention for amateur photographers to be restricted from taking photos /recording around the SMR Network, providing that:
- Cameras, including mobile phones with recording capabilities, must not be used in areas such as toilets, parenting/shower and change rooms;
- The photographer is not causing annoyance or inconvenience to other show patrons;
- The subject of the photo/recording is not one detailed in the NSW Summary Offences Act 1988
- The subjects have given their consent (if under 18 then their parent 's/guardian's consent);
- The photos/recordings are not to be sold for commercial gain;
- Professional Photographers must seek prior approval from SMR.
- NOTE: Any variation to the policy will be at the sole discretion of SMR.
Reference: The "SMR", "East Greta Junction" and the "SMR Network" refers to South Maitland Railways Pty Limited, Telarah NSW 2320, its employees, agents and independent contractors. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO SMR NETWORK www.southmaitlandrailways.com.au